Akiey tagged me with this movie tag. I'm not really into this kind of stuff and even worse, I don't like having to pass it on - so my apologies to the five bloggers at the end of this post.
It was easier doing this when I told myself it was a kind of follow-up of my favourite movie quotes post :-)
1. Total number of films I own on DVD/video: I own about 25 DVDs. I also have a few videos, but those are mainly old basketball tapes.
2. The last film I bought: Enemy of the State - it was one of those leftovers they put a "Special Editon" sticker on so that it looks like a good buy for the reduced price.
3. The last film I watched:
- On TV: "Bones" with Snoop Dogg and Pam Grier. Nothing I would advise anyone to watch.
- At the theatre: "She Hate Me" from Spike Lee.
- On my computer: "Hotel Rwanda" - 'nuff said!
4. Five films I watch a lot or mean a lot to me:
- "Bad Boys" - Will Smith and Martin Lawrence in a really good "buddy" movie with quite a few nice jokes. Those days I wanted to be them. Come to think of it, I still wouldn't mind being Mike Loowwreey.
- "Remember the Titans" - Denzel teaching young black and white men how they can be successful together. I know the story in movies that are "based on a true story" in the end has nothing to do with the original story, but there still is some truth somewhere.
- "Jerry Maguire" - I'm a huge sports fan and have the feeling the life of a sports agent isn't too bad.
"Shooow meeee theee moooneey!!"
- "A Few Good Men" - I have no explanation for this one. Whenever it's re-run on TV, I just have to watch it. Maybe it's the star-power. Or maybe it's simply Demi Moore in uniform ;-)
- "Tin Cup" - As I said before, I love sports. One of the things I love most about sports are "characters". Guys who have issues but still manage to excel - at least when they get their mind right. In the NBA it's Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace, in F1 it's Jacques Villeneuve, etc. In movies it's "Tin Cup".
5. Tag five people and have them put this in their journal. As I said, sorry guys, but I don't want to be the one who ruined it: Memoire, au lait, Prousette, KymmBr and Afromusing.